INDIVIDUAL INCOME TAX CLEARANCES
Income tax clearances are given to individual taxpayers. When applying for an Income Tax Clearance the following criteria must be met:
- It is required that a valid National ID card, Driver’s License or Passport be presented to confirm one’s identity.
- An individual’s tax position should be up-to-date, i.e. all relevant returns submitted. Any outstanding return(s) must be submitted before a request for the Clearance Certificate can be considered.
- All outstanding taxes should be paid in full. If you are unable to clear your tax arrears immediately, a satisfactory arrangement can be made with a Collections Officer to clear your arrears before a request for a Clearance Certificate can be considered.
- If you are making a request on behalf of another individual you are required to walk with the Power of Attorney or Letter of Authorization signed by the individual and their ID Card.
- If you are making a request on behalf of an individual residing overseas you must walk with a copy of their Power of Attorney.
A Clearance Certificate takes a minimum of 48 hours to process.