1. The information Inland Revenue provides on and through our website and social media pages is for general guidance only. It should not be used as a substitute for legal, business, accounting, tax or other professional advice.
2. Our website and social media pages are intended to provide general information to the public, and all reasonable measures have been taken to ensure its quality and accuracy. However, Inland Revenue Department:
- makes no warranty, express or implied, nor assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, correctness, completeness or use of any information that is available on or through our website or social media pages, nor represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights
- does not assume any legal liability or responsibility for any damage or loss that may directly or indirectly result from any information contained on our website or social media pages or any actions taken as a result of that content
- may change, delete, add to, or otherwise amend information contained on our website or social media pages without notice
- is not responsible for verifying the information you provide to the Inland Revenue Department through our website or social media pages
- is not responsible for the content of other websites linked to or referenced from this website or our social media pages. We do not endorse the information, content, presentation or accuracy of such other websites, and do not make any warranty, express or implied, regarding them
- does not endorse any website, organisation or person who creates off-site links to this website or our social media pages.
3. Inland Revenue makes no warranty, express or implied, nor assumes any legal liability or responsibility:
- that our website, server or social media pages are free of computer viruses or any other harmful components, defects or errors
- that any defects in our website or social media pages will be corrected
- that your access to our website or social media pages will be reliable, uninterrupted or error free (including access to any linked websites)
- for any delays, inaccuracies, failures, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, computer viruses or communication line failures, or
- for any theft, destruction, damage or unauthorised access to your computer system or network.
4. Reference to any specific commercial product, process or service by trade name, trade mark, manufacturer or otherwise does not constitute an endorsement, recommendation or favouring by the Inland Revenue Department.
5. Nothing contained on our website or social media pages is, nor should be relied on as, a promise or representation about past or future events.
6. Users of our website, or a third party service provider's website, assume all risks associated with any transfer of data or information to the Inland Revenue Department, and with any other use of our website:
- while all reasonable efforts have been taken to ensure the security of the information while in transit to us, we do not guarantee this, and we are not liable for any damage arising from interception, loss, theft, other action or difficulty
- all data or information transmitted to us through your use of online services becomes the property of Inland Revenue and may be relied upon by us in our dealings with you
- the Inland Revenue Department will not be responsible in any manner for direct, indirect, special or consequential loss caused in any way as a result of the use of online services, or our website.